Monday, April 2, 2012

Banana Avocado Breakfast Smoothie

DH and I love Guacamole, so I keep buying Avocado in bulk. Once I came across this recipe on webmd, I wasn't sure how it would turn up. But I thought if I don't like it, am just gonna discard and not try again right? So one morning I tried this smoothie. And when I say I fell in love with it, I am not exaggerating! It was so smooth and creamy, full of flavor.


It's loaded with Potassium, Dietary Fiber, Vitamins C, B6, E, Manganese, Magnesium, folic acid, and last but not least high in Omega-3 Fatty Acids. So what not to love about this! It's so filling that I don't get hungry for next 3 -4 hours. Kids loved the creamy flavor too. So now it’s a regular in my house.

Prep Time: 5 min. | Serves: 1

Ingredients:
Banana - 1 large
Avocado - 1
Cold Skimmed Milk - 1 cup
Milled Flaxseed - 1 tbsp. (optional)
Honey - 1 tbsp. (Or Sugar)


Method of Preparation:
~ Cut Avocado in half, discard the seed, scoop out the flesh into blender.
~ Add all other ingredients and blend until all combined.
~ Serve this cool smoothie immediately in tall glasses.

Sending this to Bon Vivant - Breakfast Ideas happening at my place.


And also linking it up to, Radhika's Serve it - Chilled Delights event.

13 comments:

  1. Luv to try this healthy smoothie...Nice click..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a combination!!
    I love Avocados and this is a great tiwt to the regular banana shake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. avocado is my hub fav fruit..daily i prps this for him..bt never added banana..vl trh next time..luks yumm yumm
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very healthy smoothie, will try this out..

    ReplyDelete
  5. A different combo, looks delicious and tempting

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy smoothie.......lovely combo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one

    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. very healthy and yummy smoothie..love it!
    Spicy-Aroma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Never thought of adding avocado in smoothies! Healthy & tasty smoothies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a perfect and filling breakfast smoothie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a lovely combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thick and creamy... it will be so filling

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to hearing from you of any suggestions and requests. Feel free to email me @ sumeesculinary@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...